Advertisements

US Special Forces Invade North Korea says Senior US Officer

UK TELEGRAPH | MAY 29, 2012

Army Brigadier General Neil Tolley, commander of US special forces in South   Korea, told a conference held in Florida last week that Pyongyang   had built thousands of tunnels since the Korean war, The Diplomat reported.

“The entire tunnel infrastructure is hidden from our satellites,” Gen Tolley   said. “So we send (South Korean) soldiers and US soldiers to the North to do   special reconnaissance.”

“After 50 years, we still don’t know much about the capability and full   extent” of the underground facilities,” he said, in comments reported by the   National Defense Industrial Association’s magazine on its website.

Gen Tolley said the commandos were sent in with minimal equipment to   facilitate their movements and minimize the risk of detection by North   Korean forces. At least four of the tunnels built by Pyongyang go under the Demilitarized   Zone separating North and South Korea, Tolley said.

“We don’t know how many we don’t know about,” he admitted.

Among the facilities identified are 20 air fields that are partially   underground, and thousands of artillery positions.

In February, South Korea’s Yonhap news agency reported that had built at least   two new tunnels at a nuclear testing site, likely in preparation for a new   test.

Advertisements

About Luis Miranda
The Real Agenda is an independent publication. It does not take money from Corporations, Foundations or Non-Governmental Organizations. It provides news reports in three languages: English, Spanish and Portuguese to reach a larger group of readers. Our news are not guided by any ideological, political or religious interest, which allows us to keep our integrity towards the readers.

Comments are closed.